Monday, January 5, 2015

Watching The Fellowship of the Ring with a live orchestra

It has been a lovely start of the year so far. Just yesterday, we had the chance of witnessing the amazing show that is watching The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring in all its glory, with the music being performed live by a complete orchestra with choirs and everything.

I am a huge fan of movie soundtracks, and Lord of the Rings is both one of my favourite movies and soundtracks of all time. It had been quite some time since the last time I saw the movie, and I found that I still know most of the dialogues by heart, as well as the music of course. :)

This was no casual experience for me. The show was absolutely amazing and it touched me deeply. I always wanted to see this since they started doing it not long after the first screening of the movies more than 10 years ago, but I could not make it to the different opportunities I had. I am SO HAPPY I did not miss it this time. Live music made the movie a thousand times better, if that could be even possible.

To be fair, I cried many times during this show. Call me sentimental, but this movie was huge for me, and live music just gets to your heart. I hope my companions weren't bothered by my constant sobbing! (They did shed some tears even if they don't want to admit it!)

Here you have a recording that I found in youtube of a very very similar show in Sacramento. Of course, camera recording can't even get close to the experience, but you can get the idea...

Also, this helped to make up for the horrible taste that was left after the screening of the last movie of The Hobbit, which was bad to an epic proportion in my opinion. I would watch the original Lord of the Rings a hundred times instead. I'm so looking forward to repeating this experience with live music. Can't wait for it to happen again!

1 comment:

Minitrol said...

Wow. I am very jealous. Happy New Year Volomir!